12 Agreements for Healthy Community
by Dr. Will Tuttle
Dr. Will Tuttle’s 12 Agreements
There are Two Fundamental Powers in Our Human World: The Individual & The Community.
The individual human being is a manifestation of eternal life, with virtually limitless potentialities for creating, learning, loving, healing, celebrating, contributing, and understanding.
The community is the collective system of individuals and it provides context and essential dimensions of meaning through education and organizational structures and flows.
Typically, these two great powers—the individual and the community—are in an essentially strained and conflictual relationship, with the tension between individual freedom and group control handled in a wide variety of ways, depending on the awareness of those involved.
Can we create communities where we live in harmony and solidarity as individuals and together as a community, without relying on authoritarian repression of the individual? Can the individual and community love, support, respect, and nurture each other fully and completely? How might this be realized?
The idea is always to do our best to follow these agreements.
Here follow twelve agreements that can help create a living foundation for this harmony.
- Nonviolence: This is the core principle and agreement. To refrain from harming others through word, action, or thought.
- Deep vegan living: Refraining from causing animals to be exploited, abused, or killed for food, clothing, or any other purpose. This also includes other humans as well.
- Ecological minimalism: Minimizing our environmental footprint by consciously reducing waste through precycling (not consuming unnecessarily), recycling, repurposing, and respecting earth, energy, and human resources
- Cultural minimalism: Minimizing our demand for attention and emotional energy from other individuals in the community and the community at large.
- Inner work: Maintaining a regular daily meditative practice to connect with the inner wellsprings of joy, peace, wisdom, creativity, and lovingkindness.
- Honoring commitments: Being true to our word and carefully keeping all agreements and promises.
- Mental clarity: Refraining from drugs, alcohol, and other substances that confuse or weaken the mind, including toxic media and other mental inputs.
- Self-responsibility: Refraining from criticism of others and praising of self, and working to overcome our shortcomings and to exemplify the positive changes we’d like to see in others.
- Generosity: Providing spiritual, emotional, and material aid when needed, and contributing fully to the well-being of the community.
- Self-care: Ensuring a daily program of exercise, hygiene, and mental, emotional, and physical fitness to ensure optimal health, vitality, and ability to create & contribute.
- Humor: Practicing reframing conflicts, and refraining from taking things personally, seeing the bigger picture, smiling, and finding the hidden humor in situations.
- Listening: Practicing deep listening so that we hear others clearly and understand their situation, and also hear our inner guiding voice of wisdom and intuition.
Special Luxury Experiences, Exquisite Parties, Pop-Up Dinners, Socials, Pop-Up Dinners & Secret Gatherings
Retreats & Workshops
Experiences, Excursions, Escapes, Vacations & Getaways. Travel the World Incorporating an Optimal Lifestyle!
Plant Based Community
Wake Up Each Morning to Your Prepared Lemon Water, Green Drink, Fruit Smoothie, All You Can Eat Plant Based Cuisine, Fitness & Meditation.
Knowledge & Practitioners
Private Practitioners List, Video Library: Food Prep, Plant Based Lifestyle, Fitness, Tips, Expert Interviews
A GREAT VEGAN INSPIRATION
About Dr. Will Tuttle
Dr. Will Tuttle is an award-winning speaker, educator, author, and musician.
His music, writings, and presentations focus on compassion, intuition, meditation, social justice, and creativity.
Creator of the best-selling book, The World Peace Diet, as well as over a dozen other books and CDs, Dr. Tuttle presents regularly, both online and at conferences and events throughout North America and worldwide.
A former Zen monk with a Ph.D. in education from U.C., Berkeley, he has worked extensively exploring and promoting intuition development, nonviolent living, meditation, healing music, creativity, holistic health, animal liberation, and cultural evolution.
Traveling globally with his spouse Madeleine, a visionary artist from Switzerland, he presents lectures and concerts of original uplifting piano music, often accompanied by Madeleine’s watercolor paintings and silver flute.
In centers, he typically presents the morning special music, meditation, and message and later gives an educational seminar on developing intuition, as well as a concert of original music, “Piano Passion.” These are intended to generate inspiration and insight for personal and planetary healing.
On this website, you can find out more about Dr. Tuttle’s books, including The World Peace Diet, Your Inner Islands, Daily VegInspirations, Bursting Light, Circles of Compassion, and Buddhism & Veganism.
There is information here about his original piano music, his seminars, presentations, and retreats on developing intuition, compassion, and meditative equanimity, and about theindividualized music and art portraits, CD albums, and books created with his spouse Madeleine, a visionary artist and flutist originally from Switzerland.
Will’s original piano music is widely acclaimed for its uniquely inspiring and healing qualities. Six CD Albums of original piano solos are available, plus two CD albums of piano and flute music with Madeleine’s silver fllute, as well as two guided meditation CDs. In addition, Bursting Light, a book of sheet music for 15 of Will’s original piano solos with 25 of Madeleine’s paintings is also available through this website, as well as through Amazon and other retailers. All music is available through iTunes, GooglePlay, Amazon, Spotify, CD Baby, etc.
Will & Madeleine create Individualized Music & Portraits for Individuals and Couples..
Our Steering Mission
From The World Peace Diet
I believe that until we are willing and able to make the connections between what we are eating and what was required to get it on our plate, and how it affects us to buy, serve, and eat it, we will be unable to make the connections that will allow us to live wisely and harmoniously on this earth. When we cannot make connections, we cannot understand, and we are less free, less intelligent, less loving, and less happy. The most crucial task for our generation, our group mission on this earth, perhaps, is to make some essential connections that our parents and ancestors have been mostly unable to make, and thus to evolve a healthier human society to bequeath to our children. If we fail to make the connection between our daily meals and our cultural predicament, we will inevitably fail as a species to survive on this earth. By refusing to make this essential connection, we condemn others and ourselves to enormous suffering, without ever comprehending why.
Residential Plant Based Community
Living Here, You’ll be Free… If You Truly Wish to Be!
Live & Play Between Our International Campuses in Palm Beach Florida, The Hamptons NY, Geneva Switzerland & Jose Ignacio Uruguay.
- • Special Events & Parties
- • Invitation to Residential Community
- • Retreats, Excursions & Escapes
- • Personal Healing Consultation
- • Special Practitioners Access
- • Cooking Videos & Recipe Books
- • Live & Online Educational Lectures
- • Secret Gatherings & Getaways
Session with Chef Alex
- • 60 Minute Consultation
- • Customized Meal Plan
- • Dietary Needs
- • Mindfulness
- • Lifestyle Upgrades
- • Optimal Health with Tom Whitmire
- • Chronic Illness or Mystery Symptoms
- • Supplements, SuperFoods, Detox
- • Fertility, PreNatal or AutoImmune
Soul Consultation with Mino Netta
- • 30 Min with Psychosociologist
- • “Quantum Matters” Guided Journaling
- • Maximize Manifestations
- • Realizing Aspirations